Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fruit manicure!

So, as a follow-up of sorts to the vegetable nail art, I hereby present a fruit manicure (also my first attempt at using fimo nail art decorations):

Looking at this actually makes me hungry for fruit. Like tangerine. Mmm... tangerine.
All in all, I think not bad for a first attempt. I basically had to press down on the fimo fruit slices with the very tip of a toothpick the entire time the whole thing was drying, including the clear topcoat (this took about 20 minutes)... otherwise, the edges of the slices would've curled up. But still, overall, not a crazy amount of effort for how well I think it turned out, though I think I would press the fruit into the nail polish less firmly next time, because it sort of made the pink nail polish squish up around the edges and between the fruit slices. The base color is Essie French Affair, my go-to plain pink polish.

As with the veggie manicure, I think it's helping me remember to eat healthy... and maybe thinking that helps me feel less guilty for spending so much time doing my nails?

Anyways, I enjoyed the fimo more than I thought I would. Maybe fimo adorable animals, for next time.

Because: awwww... how could you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...