Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Veggie Nail Art!



Veggie nails! This idea originated because I've been trying to eat healthier, and I was looking for new nail designs to try, so it seemed like the perfect creative marriage... I get a reminder of my favorite healthy snacks, and get to try out my freehand nail painting skills! (People have at times approached me and asked me how I paint my nails freehand. The answer: "Carefully.")

From left to right, we have all my favorites: carrot, broccoli, eggplant, pepper, peapod, onion, tomato, corn, avocado and tofu! Next time I would probably make the tomato a bit of a lighter red, but overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Maybe soon I'll do a similar theme, except with fruit.

A list of the colors I used in this design:
Base color: Brucci, Kathy's Baby Blues
All Black throughout: Wet N Wild, Black Crème
Carrot: Jesse's Girl, Crush; Sephora, Prom Night
Broccoli: Sephora, Prom Night; Color Club, Edie
Eggplant: Prevail, Coney Island Sweetheart; Color Club, Edie
Pepper: Maybelline, Racy Red; Sephora, Prom Night
Peapod: Color Club, Edie; Sephora, Prom Night
Onion:  Prevail, Taxi! Taxi!; American Apparel, Butter; Color Club, Edie
Tomato: Sephora; It-Girl, Sephora, Prom Night
Corn: Prevail, Taxi! Taxi!; Sephora, Prom Night; Color Club, Edie;
Avocado: Sephora, Prom Night; American Apparel, Office; OPI, Suzi Loves Cowboys
Tofu: Sally Hansen, Whirlwind White; American Apparel, Cotton

By the way, any future nail art suggestions/requests welcome in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henrietta!
    I'm a production assistant for the Dr. Oz Show. We are taping a segment about nail art this coming Tuesday, February 26 and would LOVE to show a picture of your veggie nail art! We are keeping the focus on health-inspired nail art and obviously yours are absolutely perfect - your blog even proves that! I should definitely try this as well... I am reaching out because we would love to get permission to show the picture of your nails and have Dr. Oz say a little about them. Please let me know if you're interested - you can reach me at my work email fwozniak (at) zoco (dot) com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...